I got an award from a fellow blogger! Here we go:
The Sunshine Award is a lovely way for bloggers to recognize and celebrate each other, spreading sunshine from blog to blog. The Sunshine Award was started by Matt Renwick, an elementary principal in Wisconsin (@readbyexample). Here are the rules Matt lists in his post:
1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3) Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4) List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve recognition and a little blogging love.
5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
6) Let all the bloggers know they've been nominated. You may not nominate the blogger who nominated you."
Mine was given to me by Abigail who can be found over here. I can’t remember how we met online but I am so glad that we did!! I love reading her blogs and honestly they are one of the reasons why I keep coming back to blogging. Her posts are real and funny and a lovely sneak peek into her life.
So without further ado, here are 11 Facts About Me
1) I just got back into reading and it is the BEST!! Like, where I read every night. And sometimes, sometimes, the book is too exciting and I say to myself “just one more chapter” and then the next thing I know, the book is finished and it’s 2am and I have to be up in four hours. It is delightful.
2) I just brought my very first dress-up dress. I have always been so jealous of people who can make outfits like this and I love the idea of dressing up for an event but have never done it. And then it hit me like a lightening bolt. “Fool! You can buy it on the internet”. And so I did. And then I brought another dress. I don’t know why I need two medieval outfits but apparently I do.
3) My memory is getting really, really bad. To the point where it is becoming a little frightening. My mum who really does have the worst memory is telling anecdotes about me and I don’t remember them happening!
4) If I ever were to get a tattoo, this is what I would get. I only discovered the picture recently but it sent off a light bulb ping in my brain.
5) My new favourite animal is a pika. Look how freaking cute they are?! They live in Yellowstone Park (amongst other places) but I would love to visit the park to see one in the wild.
6) I love travelling and I haven’t done it in a while. I think this year will be the year of travel.
7) Sort of continuing on from the previous point, I have recently decided to try and embrace my singleness, instead of constantly worrying that I’m not married with a baby on the way and a house. I am actually in a pretty awesome position. I am of an age where I can do whatever the heck I want, I earn money and I don’t have any ties to staying in one place.
8) I had a weird OCD as a kid that I still have as an adult but it’s not so intense now. When I would eat food, the first bite would have to be chewed on the left side, the second bite on the right side and so on. It got to the stage where I would only eat even amounts of foods, like two biscuits as a snack or if I got to the end of dinner and my carrot sticks amounted to an uneven number, I would leave one. I still do it now subconsciously but if I have an uneven amount of food, I just divide the last thing in half, therefore making it ‘even’. And I still favour ‘right side’ and ‘even numbers’ over ‘left side’ and ‘odd numbers’. I know. It’s weird.
9) Oh hey, you want more weird facts about me? I dry heave at even the thought of someone brushing their teeth. I have no idea why. Three things are gross: the sound, the smell and the FOAM. Even writing this is making me curl my upper lip in disgust. I am MUCH better than I was due to having to live in dorms at uni and having communal bathrooms. But it was a rough few years. People want to have CONVERSATIONS WITH YOU while they are brushing their teeth. And the foam is running down their chin. And now I have to go and throw up. It’s such a weird quirk. I apologise.
10) If I ever get to have a dog, I would love to have either a Northern Inuit or a Groodle. Northern Inuits because they have been bred specifically to look like a wolf and are the breed that plays the direwolves on Game of Thrones. I spent the majority of my childhood yearning for a pet wolf. I wasn’t allowed a pet dog, so obviously baby Laura decided that the next best thing would be a pet wolf….
Groodles (or goldenddodles as they are known in the US) look like a freaking Jim Henson puppet. How could you resisit?!
Unfortunately I work in the animal industry and I couldn’t in good conscience get a pet that has been specifically bred for its looks when I know there are thousands of dogs being put to sleep because nobody wants them. So I will end up with a mutt from the pound. Who I will love with all my heart. But they will be the scruffiest thing you’ve ever seen!
11) I LOVE DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But not being in it. Which is why I love reality shows, I know, I know, they’re terrible, but it’s the only way I can experience drama without being involved. The one time I knowingly passed on gossip, it got back to the person that I was the one to pass on the gossip and it was AWFUL!! With reality shows, it looks real but I think we all can admit to it being actually really fake, therefore I can enjoy the cheating scandals and the fights because I know it’s not real.